Would you want to hire a bus for a school trip? Finding a suitable bus can be pretty challenging. Below is a guide discussing the considerations you should make when hiring a coach for a school trip.
Plan Your Trip
Bus hire companies will require you to disclose the following aspects of your trip:
- How many people will be travelling? What are their ages? Some age groups (such as toddlers) must be accompanied by adults.
- What are your pick-up point and destination?
- Which routes do you intend to use?
- How many stops will you make? How long are the stops?
- How long do you want to stay on the bus?
Work With A Reputable Bus Hire Company
Start by assessing the reputation of the various bus hire companies in your area. Typically, good reviews are a guarantee that you will receive quality services. Thoroughly evaluate the terms of hire. Some of your concerns should include:
- What is the company's operating route? Some bus hire companies may not be licenced to operate interstate.
- Does the company allow night travel? It is an essential consideration if you will be travelling long distances.
- What would happen if the bus broke down? Reputable companies will offer alternative means of transport at no extra cost.
- Check the company's restrictions. Typically, passengers are prohibited from littering on the bus, distracting the driver or damaging the coach's accessories.
Choosing A Bus
Kids are known to get impatient and restless. Therefore, you should choose a bus with entertainment features such as a sound system and LCD screens to keep them entertained before reaching their destination. You should also check the safety features of the bus. Typically, it should have seat belts, an emergency exit and a first aid kit. Visit the company's premises to examine the mechanical condition of the bus. Worn-out tires, leaking and overheating engines could cause accidents and breakdowns along the road.
Assess The Rental Charges
The bus hire company should provide you with a detailed quote. Most hiring companies will have a standard charge for a specified number of miles. You will incur an additional cost once you exceed this millage. Some companies will have varying fees. For instance, they could charge more during the weekends. More often than not, bus hire companies will allow you to negotiate their charges and charging policy. As such, it would be wise to ask for a discount and fixed pricing.
When hiring a bus for a school trip, plan the trip, work with a reputable company, choose an appropriate bus and assess the rental charges. To learn more, contact a local bus hire company.